Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Diaper Bag set with tutorials

I made this for my daughter when she was a baby and I thought I would share all of the tutorials that I used to make this just in case anyone else was interested. I made a lined diaper tote with 4 inside pockets, and one outside pocket. I made a matching wetbag with attachments to hang off the back of the diaper bag. I made a lined accessories pouch, a matching changing pad, and a snack pouch, similar to the snack sack. Here are the pics!

Full set:

Side view with wetbag attached:

View of the d-rings I used to attach wetbag:


An inside view of the bag showing pockets:

Here are the tutorials I used:

Diaper bag: Easiest Diaper Bag Ever I made the bag slightly bigger for cloth diapers. I also added the front pocket between the sewn on straps and the d-rings for the wetbag. Dimensions: The finished rectangle for the bag is 29" long by 19" wide. The pocket piece measures 18 1/2" x 14". The channel for the bottom of the bag is 5" wide in the center of the pocket panel along the bottom of the bag. The straps are 48" long, 1 1/2" wide, and sewn 7 1/2 inches apart (inside measurement) on each side of the bag. These are all finished measurements so be sure to add seam allowance. Here's a layout diagram I put together, ignore the lines at the top of the handles. It's not to scale but shows the measurements I'm talking about above.

Changing Pad:

I made the changing pad with the print fabric, a layer of fleece, and a bottom layer of pul. I sewed a big rectangle, turned inside out and top stitched. It's not perfect but works fine.

Wetbag and accessories pouch: http://www.twelve22.org/2006/07/zipper_tutorial.html

I made the wetbag with cotton fabric outer and pul lining. I made it bigger than the tutorial bag, of course! I also used this to make a lined accessories pouch which I use for bib, spoons, etc. Could also be made with pul lining for wipes bag.

Snack pouch: http://sew-ing.com/make/pouch.html

I made this exactly as stated but did a single cord with a plastic cord lock for closure and didn't add the fabric covered plastic pad because I planned on using a stainless steel bowl in there anyway.

Buckle side:

Other side:

Standing up:

Inside view (excuse the crumbs):



3 comments: